Reporting to: Head of Tech
Salary Range: £45-£55k
About Objective Manager
Objective Manager makes it possible for professional services firms to deliver big business impact by turning strategic boardroom plans into everyday habits. Our market-leading strategy and performance management SaaS platform enables firms to deliver improved business performance and collaboration by aligning the firm’s strategy with the performance of its people.
Developer with experience of front-end JS with React framework, with back-end PHP using the Laravel framework & MariaDB (MySQL) to work on all our products. If you are more focused the front-end or back-end we would be interesting in hearing from you as we are building balanced teams.
This is a great opportunity to get involved from the outset in a company with a proven track record of bringing successful products to market, and while we will provide the successful candidate with the processes and tools to get started, your autonomy will be encouraged.
- Collaborate with a team of developers & testers to implement new features and enhancements.
- Work with the Software Architect & Lead Developers to implement new capabilities in a manner that is technically consistent with our Architectural principles.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by following good practices and habits.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Grow your skills & those of others through teamwork & coaching where you have greater knowledge and experience.
Experience & Education
- Good knowledge of development using JS/React/CSS at a mid-senior level (3+ years)
- Good knowledge of development using PHP & Laravel at a mid-senior level (3+ years)
- Good understanding of design patterns and OOP concepts
- Good knowledge of building and extending REST APIs returning data in JSON
- Good knowledge of SQL database design
- Knowledge of source control with Git, especially branching/merging
- Experience with TDD and unit tests
- Experience in CI/CD (DevOps)
- Experience in Design Systems
- Familiar with Atlassian products – JIRA
- Familiarity with agile techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to identify and acknowledge potential shortcomings with your own skills
- Comfortable asking for assistance and knowing where to seek help
- Show enthusiasm for developing new skills in yourself and others
- Contributing to a fair, respectful, and friendly environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email us with your CV detailing why you would like to be considered for this position.