Reporting to: Head of Tech
Salary Range: £45-£60k
About Objective Manager
Objective Manager makes it possible for professional services firms to deliver big business impact by turning strategic boardroom plans into everyday habits. Our market-leading strategy and performance management SaaS platform enables firms to deliver improved business performance and collaboration by aligning the firm’s strategy with the performance of its people.
Lead developer with strong experience of JS with React framework together with back-end PHP using the Laravel framework & MariaDB (MySQL) who can contribute and lead a team of developers together with a tester to work on all products. Our solutions are based upon the market requirements from our Product Management team who establish “Why” we should invest with the Business Analyst & UX/UI designer defining and validating “What” the detailed requirements and capabilities should be. The Software Architect, in collaboration with the Development team, defines “How” it should be implemented so that it is technically consistent with our Architectural principles.
This is a great opportunity to get involved from the outset in a company with a proven track record of bringing successful products to market, and while we will provide the successful candidate with the processes and tools to get started, your autonomy will be encouraged.
- Lead a team of developers & testers in implementing new features and changes while contribute to creating code.
- Work with the team to resolve bottlenecks and implementation blockers within the team to ensure on-time, quality outputs
- Work with the Product Team as they create new features & requirements contributing with estimates to implement the various approaches.
- Work with the Software Architect to implement new features which is technically consistent with our Architectural principles.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates using techniques such as coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
Experience & Education
- 3+ years proven experience in Team leadership
- Good knowledge of development using JS/React/CSS at a senior level (5+ years)
- Good knowledge of development using PHP & Laravel at a senior level (5+ years)
- Good understanding of design patterns and OOP concepts
- Good knowledge of building and extending REST APIs returning data in JSON
- Good knowledge of SQL database design
- Knowledge of source control with Git, especially branching/merging
- Experience with TDD and unit tests
- Experience in CI/CD (DevOps)
- Experience in Design Systems
- Familiar with Atlassian products – JIRA
- Familiarity with agile methodologies & techniques
- Lead by example Excellent communication skills
- Ability to guide/coach others in the team
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to identify and acknowledge potential shortcomings with your own skills
- Comfortable asking for assistance and knowing where to seek help
- Show enthusiasm for developing new skills in yourself and others
- Contributing to a fair, respectful, and friendly environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email us with your CV detailing why you would like to be considered for this position.