Reporting to: Head of Product
Salary Range: £60-£80K
About Objective Manager
Objective Manager makes it possible for professional services firms to deliver big business impact by turning strategic boardroom plans into everyday habits. Our market-leading strategy and performance management SaaS platform enables firms to deliver improved business performance and collaboration by aligning the firm’s strategy with the performance of its people.
Software Architect to make high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. You will be experienced in designing and possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of our software and systems that result in high-quality solutions. Collaborating with others with the Product Management team to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
This is a great opportunity to get involved from the outset in a company with a proven track record of bringing successful products to market, and while we will provide the successful candidate with the processes and tools to get started, your autonomy will be encouraged.
- Create architectural approaches for software design and implementation
- Develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Develop technical product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Designing functional & performant technology solutions
- Provide technical leadership and support to software development teams
Experience & Education
- 4+ years proven experience as a software architect in a SaaS environment
- Experience in web development both front-end and back-end and coding in various languages
- Experience working with Business Analysts and UX/UI designers to influence requirements
- Experience with TDD and unit tests
- Experience of modern architecture principles and how new technology can be utilised to ensure the best solution implemented
- Experience in CI/CD
- Experience of Containers e.g., Docker
- Experience of Design Systems – Desirable
- Experience with Azure and services provided by Azure e.g., Search capability
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organisational and leadership skills
- Highly collaborative to obtain “buy-in” from the development team
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to identify and acknowledge potential shortcomings with your own skills
- Comfortable asking for assistance and knowing where to seek help
- Show enthusiasm for developing new skills in yourself and others
- Contributing to a fair, respectful, and friendly environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email us with your CV detailing why you would like to be considered for this position.