Reporting to: Test Manager
Salary Range: £35-£40K
About Objective Manager
Objective Manager makes it possible for professional services firms to deliver big business impact by turning strategic boardroom plans into everyday habits. Our market-leading strategy and performance management SaaS platform enables firms to deliver improved business performance and collaboration by aligning the firm’s strategy with the performance of its people.
Software testing at Objective Manager encompasses testing both bugfixes and new product features within the requirements of a well-defined SDLC and testing process. Each software change is tested in isolation prior to building a new release that will undergo regression testing. Testers will work closely with the development team, requirement owners, and our customer support team.
You will need to be good at both low-level detail and high-level “big-picture” functionality. Acquiring in-depth product knowledge is essential to understanding the purpose and customer usage of our product and for challenging requirement owners over the detail of their requests. Experience of risk assessing proposed changes is helpful in deciding on an appropriate level of testing.
This is a great opportunity to get involved from the outset in a company with a proven track record of bringing successful products to market, and while we will provide the successful candidate with the processes and tools to get started, your autonomy will be encouraged.
- Test software changes prior to release within the application
- Work closely with the development team, requirement owners, and our customer support team
- Work in your own test environment for each assigned work ticket
- Evaluate the ticket requirements prior to development commencing
- Contribute to the production of the collateral required as part of the release process
- Build test/release versions of the software (git, Unix)
- Write test scripts
- Raise and manage defects, and pass or fail the release
Experience & Education
- Good knowledge of GIT, Jira, Excel, and MySQL workbench (or similar)
- Basic Linux skills
- Test scripting and execution
- Knowledge of database concepts
- Knowledge of programming concepts
- Experience in managing software branches
- Business analysis skills for requirements gap analysis
- Root cause analysis on reported defects
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to identify and acknowledge potential shortcomings with your own skills
- SQL knowledge
- Selenium and cucumber (or similar) – Desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable asking for assistance and knowing where to seek help
- Show enthusiasm for developing new skills in yourself and others
- Contributing to a fair, respectful, and friendly environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email us with your CV detailing why you would like to be considered for this position.