Reporting to: Head of Tech
Salary Range: £50-£65K
About Objective Manager
Objective Manager makes it possible for professional services firms to deliver big business impact by turning strategic boardroom plans into everyday habits. Our market-leading strategy and performance management SaaS platform enables firms to deliver improved business performance and collaboration by aligning the firm’s strategy with the performance of its people.
Test Manager to lead a team working on all products within the business to ensure best practice is in place for software verification & validation throughout the lifecycle including functional validation, regression, performance & load/stress testing.
This is a great opportunity to get involved from the outset in a company with a proven track record of bringing successful products to market, and while we will provide the successful candidate with the processes and tools to get started, your autonomy will be encouraged.
- Review existing and formulate the optimal software testing strategies utilising the right balance of manual and automated activities.
- Responsible for managing software testing resources (people and tools)
- Proactively leading the test team to ensure best practice is adopted and followed.
- Review business/software requirements and provide feedback on quality issues.
- Prepare/review test plans.
- Analyse test results and test metrics.
- Prepare / review / present test metrics & reports.
- Coordinate with others to ensure the highest level of software quality.
- Drive proactive Continuous Improvement by collecting and analysing quality data particularly from hotfixes etc
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software test management
- Familiar with Atlassian products specifically Jira
- Experience of the full SDLC particularly with Agile methodologies & techniques
- Experience with TDD and unit tests
- Experience of CI/CD (DevOps) – Desirable
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000, ISO 27001, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one programming/ scripting language such as Selenium/Cucumber etc
- Knowledge of at least one database management system SQL knowledge
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to identify and acknowledge potential shortcomings with your own skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Coordination and leadership skills
- Comfortable asking for assistance and knowing where to seek help
- Show enthusiasm for developing new skills in yourself and others
- Contributing to a fair, respectful, and friendly environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email us with your CV detailing why you would like to be considered for this position.