Reporting to: Head of Product
Salary Range: £40-£50K
About Objective Manager
Objective Manager makes it possible for professional services firms to deliver big business impact by turning strategic boardroom plans into everyday habits. Our market-leading strategy and performance management SaaS platform enables firms to deliver improved business performance and collaboration by aligning the firm’s strategy with the performance of its people.
UX/UI designer with demonstrable experience in working within a Product Management team defining the optimal user experience combined with a consistent & intuitive UI to build out and validate new or enhanced functionality for all products. Our solutions are based upon the market requirements from our Product Management team who establish “Why” should we invest with the Business Analyst & UX/UI designer defining and validating “What” the detailed requirements and capabilities should be. The Software Architect, in collaboration with the Development team, defines “How” it should be implemented so that it is technically consistent with our Architectural principles.
- Define the optimal user experience for new & enhanced functionality.
- Gather user requirements in partnership with the Business Analysts, create UI and visual designs and interactions for the range of the Objective Manager products
- Conduct user workshops to test and validate the UX & UI approaches to ensure the optimum experience.
- Define and create the optimal UX screen designs, prototypes, customer journey maps, high fidelity assets, and detailed specifications.
- Create and maintain UI and visual designs and interactions for products, across a range of platforms including mobile and responsive design.
- Conform to brand and design guidelines, and use and contribute to design systems.
- Sign-off that the final implementation adheres to the UX/UI design standards.
Experience & Education
- 4+ years of proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role with a portfolio of past work.
- Experience leading User workshops to validate the design.
- Experience with design systems and tools such as Figma, Zeplin, Storybook
- Knowledge of CSS/SASS/Styled components
- Knowledge of JS and React Framework
- Knowledge of current patterns, best practices, and trends are kept up to date, in order to deliver fresh, relevant and industry-leading designs.
- Knowledge of source control with Git would be beneficial.
- Understand customer needs, business objectives, and outcomes, and contribute to the proposition and wider user experience.
- Familiarity with agile techniques
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Advocate and guardian for our design and brand
- Ability to manage external vendors (design and marketing agencies)
- Able to justify and guide developers on your technical conventions.
- Able to justify and quantify your decisions at a stakeholder level.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to identify and acknowledge potential shortcomings with your own skills
- Comfortable asking for assistance and knowing where to seek help
- Show enthusiasm for developing new skills in yourself and others
- Contributing to a fair, respectful, and friendly environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email us with your CV detailing why you would like to be considered for this position.